2022 MHSAA 2A-4A-6A State Cross Country Championships
DATE: WEDNESDAY, November 9, 2022!!!
SITE: Mississippi College Choctaw Trails Watson Cross Country Course
STATE MEET QUALIFICATION: Teams will have to meet a qualifying standard in each class to qualify for the State Meet. Individual runners, whose team does not qualify for the State Meet will also have to meet a qualifying standard time in their class to qualify for the State Meet.
1. The top 80% of teams that are actually competing during the 2022 season in each class (based on MS.Milesplit top 5 average for the season) will qualify for the state meet. Deadline to qualify is Saturday, October 29! A team must run in a minimum of three (3) meets during the season to be eligible to qualify to run in the state meet!
2. The top 25 individuals in each class (based on MS.Milesplit ranking for the season) whose teams do not qualify for the state meet and meet the time standards set for each class will qualify to run in the state meet!
Click Here to Download State Meet Qualifiers
6A - 21:30
4A - 22:30
2A - 23:30
6A - 25:30
4A - 26:30
2A - 27:30
3. Qualifying teams and individuals will be posted on http://ms.milesplit.com on Monday morning, October 31.
Click Here to Download Important Info & Forms
Click Here to go to the MHSAA XC Championships Meet Program Link
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
11:00 6A Girls
11:40 6A Boys
12:15 6A Awards Ceremony
1:00 4A Girls
1:40 4A Boys
2:15 4A Awards Ceremony
3:00 2A Girls
3:40 2A Boys
4:15 2A Awards
Runners are to report to the starting line twenty (20) minutes before the start of each race. Starting boxes will be selected by each teams best top 5 average for the season.
ENTRY INFORMATION: Entries will OPEN for teams & individuals that qualify for the state meet at noon, Monday, October 31 and will CLOSE at midnight, Tuesday, November 1! Any changes that need to me made after this date should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. There will be no mass changes on the day of the meet. ENTRIES FOR TEAMS OR INDIVIDUALS THAT DO NOT QUALIFY FOR THE STATE MEET WILL BE PURGED!
Coaches are urged to print an entry confirmation after entering their team(s) and bring with them to the state meet. Schools will be charged $25.00 for each day they are late making their on-line entries after the entry deadline!
ENTRY FEES: $10.00 per runner with a maximum of $70.00 per team (boys and girls teams are separate). Entry fees may be mailed or brought to the state meet. Make checks payable to MHSAA. Mail entry fees to: MHSAA, P.O. Box 127, Clinton, MS 39060.
1. Check in at the meet center and pickup team packet and pay any outstanding entry fees.
2. Enclosed in your team packet: Team rosters, competitor bib numbers, course maps, Starting Box Assignment Sheet, timing chips, zip ties & safety pins. Each team will be issued a pair of wire snips.
3. Make any necessary roster changes. Mass changes will not be allowed!
4. Coaches will be required to sign for the pickup and return of their packets, with collected chips, and wire snips.
CHIP INSTRUCTIONS: Each athlete will have an assigned competitor bib number with a corresponding numbered timing chip(s). Each athlete will be required to have their assigned number pinned on the front of their jersey in order to compete! Athletes must SECURELY attach their assigned chip(s) to their shoelaces with the supplied ties! Chips properly attached will not come off during competition! Chips must be worn: No chip No time or place! Each school will be responsible for removing and collecting each of their athletes timing chips used during each race. Wire snips will be provided!
COURSE DESCRIPTION: Course is a two (2) loop grass 5000 meter course and spikes can be used if desired. Pace clocks will be set up or splits will be called at the mile and 2-mile marks.
CHIP & TEAM PACKET RETURN: Coaches are responsible for the REMOVAL, COLLECTION & RETURN of all chips! Coaches are to return their team packet(s) with all unused materials, including unused timing chips & wire snips, to meet personnel prior to leaving the competition!!! Pirate Timing is not responsible for unsecured chips that may come off during competition. Teams will be charged $30.00 for EACH unreturned chip!
CLEAN UP: Please keep area clean by placing all trash in cans and trash bags provided at meet check in.
UNIFORM: Each athlete must wear a school issued uniform.
RESULTS: Results will be posted on the results board following each award ceremony in each class. Complete results will be posted on the MHSAA web site and at http://ms.milesplit.com/ the evening of the state meet.