Coach Comment (Pat Lovitt):
How is your athlete as a person and a competitor?
Savannah is one of the most competitive athletes that I have coached. She is always working to improve herself and is constantly looking to best what she has done. She has fought through injuries for the sake of her team because she is a team-first runner. It bothers Savannah tremendously when she is not able to perform at her best, that is how competitive she is.
What are her best attributes?
Her work ethic. She is such a hard worker that many times I have had to force her to take days off to allow her body to recover. Savannah pushes herself to her limits and when she is fully healthy, she is a beast to deal with.
What is your GPA and ACT score?
- 4.7 GPA
- 30 ACT
Describe why you choose College and what you liked on your visit to the college.
- Everyone at Appalachian State was extremely nice and helpful in every way imaginable
- The facilities and mountains were gorgeous and it has always been a dream of mine to run in the Appalachian mountains.
Is there any other athlete that might have helped influence your signing.
- Tavyn Lovitt led me to the decision to run collegiately.
What are you most looking forward to about your future career as an athlete at College?
- Having team camaraderie and continuing to be a part of my favorite sport.
What is your favorite workout your Coach has you do?
- Segments (1 min running, 2 min, 3 min, etc. and back down)
What is your least favorite workout?
- Honestly, I'm not sure if I have one. If I'm running, I'm happy.
What events do you think they'll have you run in track as a freshman?
What motivates you to run?
- The feeling of running
What do you think about when you're running?
- Having a clear mind. If I think too much, I tend to get stressed out.
Do you have any superstitions on race day or perhaps an odd pre-race routine?
- I have a race day smoothie that I always make with an apple, peanut butter, and banana
Gatorade or Powerade?
- NUUN; I don't really drink Gatorade or Powerade
Jersey, aka Singlet, tucked or untucked?
. Do you have a favorite meal for the night before a race?
- pasta with oil and chicken
Do you take ice baths? If yes, what do you think about during an ice bath?
- yes; I usually listen to music
Name a lesson that running and training as a runner has taught you.
- Don't stress; it usually make things worse
Do you have a rival runner?
- My own times
What do you do to recover after a race?
- ice bath
How do you intend to balance academics and athletics in college?
- Treat it like a job; I once had a coach tell me that he was extremely successful in college when he started treating college as an 8-5 job, giving him after 5 to have free time and for brain recovery. Once he started doing this, his GPA went up and he had more free time
What is the strangest thing you've seen during a race?
- I've had a few close calls with deer on runs, but nothing really during races specifically.
Who is your biggest fan?
- My coach Pat Lovitt; he does everything in his power to help everyone on the team
What advice would you like to share with younger runners just starting out their high school careers?
- I spent a majority of my high school running career stressing out about failing. Don't do that. It hurts more than helps out.
Is there anything else you want to share with the MileSplit Community?
- Thanks for everyone's support!
|800 Meter Run||2:22.46|
|1600 Meter Run||5:26.26|
|3200 Meter Run||12:19.74|
|800 Meter Run||2:32.77|
|1600 Meter Run||5:31.87|
|3200 Meter Run||11:55.26|
|3200 Meter Run||13:36.55|
|Two Mile Run||12:19.63|
|4000 Meter Run||16:06.08|
|5000 Meter Run||19:23.45|