2020 DISTRICT 5-6-7 REGION CROSS COUNTRY CHAMPIONSHIPS INFORMATION
Click to Download the Important Meet Files Below:
ORDER OF EVENTS:
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 21
1:00 Region 6-2A & 7-2A Girls
1:35 Region 6-2A & 7-2A Boys
3:00 Region 4-4A, 5-4A & 6-4A Girls
3:35 Region 4-5A, 5-4A & 6-4A Boys
5:00 Region 2-6A Girls
5:35 Region 2-6A Boys
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 22
1:00 Region 5-3A, 6-3A & 7-3A Girls
1:35 Region 5-3A, 6-3A & 7-3A Boys
3:00 Region 2-5A & 3-5A Girls
3:35 Region 2-5A & 3-5A Boys
5:00 Region 3-6A Girls
5:35 Region 3-6A Boys
Runners are to report to the starting line ten (10) minutes before the start of each race.
ENTRIES: Due to Covid-19 pandemic, entries are limited to 12 runners per team, only top seven from each school will count for scoring purposes and All-Region (Top 14) Teams.
ENTRY DEADLINE: Midnight, Saturday, October 17!!!
RACES: Regions that are run together will be separated for individual and team results!!!
1. Check in at the meet center and pickup team packet.
2. Pay entry fee: $80.00 per school! Checks MUST be made payable to: Pirate Timing (checks made to the MHSAA will not be accepted!!!). Schools requiring a Pirate Timing W-9 Form, to be used for payment, should email their request to email@example.com. Checks must be brought to the meet!!!
3. Enclosed in your team packet are: (1) Safety Pins & (2) School rosters with assigned contestant numbers. Very Important Note: Athletes names will not be printed on the competitor numbers! It will be the responsibility of each coach to hand out the correct assigned competitor number to each of his or her athletes! Each athlete will be required to have their assigned number pinned on the front of their jersey to compete!
4. A trash bag will be issued to each team during registration!
5. Coaches are to return their team packet with all unused competitor numbers & safety pins before leaving the meet!
COVID-19 GUIDELINES: Schools will be sent Covid-19 guidelines that MUST be followed during the meet!
AWARDS: Medals to top 3 individuals in each race, All Region Certificates to top 14 in each race & Region Team trophies. Due to the Covid-19 pandemic there will be no awards ceremony. Coaches may pick up medals, certificates and trophies from the meet center 15 minutes following after the boys race in each class or combined classes.
COURSE DESCRIPTION: Course is grass and spikes can be used if desired. All races are 5000 meters. Split times will be called at the mile and 2-mile marks. Course is grass and spikes can be used if desired. All races are 5000 meters! Pace clocks will be set up or splits will be called at the mile and 2-mile marks. NOTE: The course has been redesigned and is a two (2) loop course with a new finish area. The new course layout will be posted at http://misshsaa.com/ and http://ms.milesplit.com/ as soon as it is available!!!
CHUTE: Please, instruct your team to keep moving all the way through the chute!
CLEAN UP: Please keep area clean by placing all trash in cans and trash bags provided during registration! WHEN LEAVING THE FACILITY PLEASE PLACE ALL TEAM TRASH BAGS IN THE DESIGNATED AREA AT THE WEST END OF THE PORT-A-JOHNS!!!
UNIFORMS: Each athlete must wear a school issued uniform.
RESULTS: Due to the Covid-19 pandemic results will be announced, NOT posted, at the completion of each race. Complete results will be posted on the on http://ms.milesplit.com the evening of the meet.
SCHOOLS BY REGION:
6-2A: (District 6) Enterprise-Clark, Heidelberg, Madison St. Joe, Newton, Pisgah, Puckett, Scott Central, Union
7-2A: (District 7) Enterprise-Lincoln, Loyd Star, Wesson, West Lincoln
5-3A: (District 5) Clarkdale, Forest, Kemper County, Southeast Lauderdale
6-3A: (District 6) Magee, McLaurin, St. Andrews, Velma Jackson, Yazoo County
7-3A: (District 7) Jefferson County, Port Gibson, Wilkinson County
5-4A: (District 5) Florence, Newton County, Northeast Jones, Quitman, Richland
6-4A: (District 7) Lawrence County, North Pike, Raymond, South Pike
2-5A: (District 6) Canton, Cleveland Central, Holmes County Central, Neshoba Central, Ridgeland
3-5A: (District 6) Brookhaven, Laurel, Natchez, South Jones, Wayne County,
2-6A: (District 6) Clinton, Germantown, Madison Central, South Panola, Starkville, Warren Central
3-6A: (District 6) Brandon, George County, Meridian, Northwest Rankin, Oak Grove, Pearl, Petal, Terry