Olivia Womack, Clinton High School is one of the top sprinters in Mississippi. She won the Class 6A State Championship last spring at 100 meters and placed second in the 200 meters. Look for her to improve this spring in track.
Athlete: I am Olivia Womack
What is your GPA and ACT score?
Describe why you choose the college you are going to attend and what you liked about the college.
The school that I chose has the
best law program in Mississippi and has done well in the recent past in my
events, and I would like that same good to happen to me. Oliva signed with Ole Miss.
What do you plan on majoring in at college?
- Pre Law, Accounting, or History
Is there any other athlete that might have helped influenced you choosing that college?
Name a lesson that running and training as a runner has taught you.
- Patience and perseverance. Things are going to be tough so you have to be tough as well. If you just keep practicing
Do you plan to continue competing in college?
Did you sign to run track in college? If so was it a full or
- Partial lol
What are you most looking forward to about your future career as an athlete at College?
- Getting more specialized training to improve my technique and get me running to the absolute best of my ability.
What is your favorite workout your Coach has you do?
- My favorite workout would have to be 4x150s. It's a speed workout so you can see how good you've been doing.
What is your least favorite workout?
- My least favorite workout of all time would have to be a tie between:
- Or the workout where we do 3x300s then we do 4x60s then we do 2x250s
What events do you think they'll have you run in track as a freshman?
- Perhaps the 100, 4x100, and just because I am a freshman the
What motivates you to run?
- Being better than I was the day before. Not wanting to be
wasteful of potential of a day.
What do you think about when you're running?
- Nothing really, I just don't want anyone to get in front of me.
Do you have any superstitions on race day or perhaps an odd
- Kinda, on the day of meets I try to wear the same earrings that
I start the year with, I eat the same snacks (Grapes, Slim Jims, Cheese Its, A
strawberry watermelon Gatorade and tiny oreos after the meet is over)
Do you take ice baths? If yes, what do you think about
during an ice bath?
- Yes, and during ice baths I typically think about not
Do you have a rival runner?
What do you do to recover after a race?
As soon as the race is over, I try to get up and walk around for
my legs to not lock up and the day after I go through the warm up/ stretches.
How do you intend to balance academics and athletics in college?
- Utilizing the school's tutoring and building a rapport with the
teachers so I can stay ahead of things.
What is the strangest thing you've seen during a race?
My first year running (2017) I was the third leg of our 4x400, on the back straight I saw and heard someone screaming like someone was hurting them. I went on to ask about it when I got done with my split and apparently they were just cheering for their team.
What advice would you like to share with younger runners just
starting out their high school careers?
- This sport isn't for the lazy and if you aren't willing to put in
the work required don't run. It will hurt and break you down.
|60 Meter Dash||7.83|
|400 Meter Dash||1:03.71|
|100 Meter Dash||11.67|
|200 Meter Dash||24.01|
|400 Meter Dash||59.03|