HIGH SCHOOL GIRLS
7. Riley Jackson - Hernando High School - Sophomore
- Last Ranking: #7
- Last Performance: 20:18 5k, 26th place finish at the Jesse Owens Classic
- Next Race: Pontotoc XC Invitational
For the 5th ranking in a row, Jackson has stayed alive on the All-State list in every single edition so far this year. Jackson has been racing different meets / locations than she was last year, so it is a little hard to see exactly where she is at, but she has stayed in the high 19's / low 20's fairly consistently this year. She has Pontotoc this weekend and then Watson after that, so I am sure that she will begin to start ratcheting her times down once she gets in that kind of atmosphere.
6. Ashton Rainey - Ocean Springs High School - Junior
- Last Ranking: Not Ranked
- Last Performance: 19:53 5k FTW at the Ocean Springs Invitational
- Next Race: D'Iberville High School Invitational
A complete newcomer on the list, #6 is the Junior from the coast, Ashton Rainey from Ocean Springs. Rainey beat 2:20 800m runner Mallory Streetman by over 30 seconds on Saturday to earn her a new PR. As a matter of fact, Rainey had never broken 21 before, but has now run 19:53, breaking 20 at the same time she broke 21 in the 5k. Her time put her at #9 All-time on the Ocean Springs Course, and was up there with some big time names such as Isabelle Wheeler, Amber Koch, and Madison Walker - and this is just her 3rd ever cross country race. With the way Rainey has been running this early in the season and if she keeps making improvements, we could possibly see a Top 5 performance from her at the 6A MHSAA State Meet..