If a young track and field/ cross country athlete wanted to continue to compete the summer once the high school season is done what is the best way? We have been on the USATF web site but it doesn't look like there are a lot of active clubs in MS. Do most local athletes run USATF events unattached and train on their own? Are there other organizations besides the USATF? Thank you for any suggestions.
- I dnt know where u are located but every summer we have the pearl river track club at pearl high school if u r interested we go to meets in lousianna and we have our invitational like a week after the state meet
- Steve, who would we call? Congratulations on signing with MSU and your track success this year.
- The Mississippi Heat Track Club will be active this summer. We have been competing in USAT&F and AAU since '07. We are located in Vicksburg, MS but we have kids from other areas including Claiborne, Jefferson, Hinds & Bolivar Counties. For more information contact Coach Maxey at email@example.com
My name is Victor Montgomery, I'm currently the 1st vice president of the USATF Southern Association, that cover MS/LA, if you have any question, please give me a call 601/5516689.
The Pearl River Track Club is an AAU track club. We practice at Pearl High School and have athletes in our club from Pearl and the surrounding metro area. We compete in meets in the Louisiana area and this year the National AAU Junior Olympics will be held in our region in New Orleans. For more info you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or give me a call at 601-842-1378. Our AAU regional website is saau.org/athleticsTnF.html
- if anyone is interested in joining the mississippi trackstars track club they are more than welcomed. we participate in meets held in louisiana and alabama and went to nationals in sacramento california this past summer. if anyone in the metro jackson/ terry/ byram/ brandon/ ridgeland/ madison/ area wants to be a member of our team. contact me at email@example.com and i can give u more info.
- I will be looking for athletes that are not only looking to run this summer but also looking for a year round workout program. I have competed on the international level for 6 years and I'm a 4x NCAA champion. If interested in this unique opportunity email me at Savante.Stringfellow@gmail.com for workout packages and schedules
- The Vault is a pole vault club located in Clinton, MS. We are planning on competing as a club this summer. Please feel free to e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (601) 214-0780.